Last Updated on October 29, 2022 by Dave Schoenbeck
When brainstorming new lead generation techniques, it’s essential to think creatively. Your competitors are likely all taking similar approaches to pursue new clients or customers, which means you’ve got to be present in those channels.
However, your competitors have likely not considered many online and offline lead generation techniques . Targeting these lead generation techniques can help you stand out from the crowd and put your product or service in front of new eyes.
Innovative Lead Generation Techniques
- Be an online authority. Answering questions on websites like Quora or Reddit will establish you as an expert in your field, generating a reputation for your business.
- Look up. People love the novelty of blimps, balloons, aircraft banners, and skywriting. These are great ways to get a lot of eyes on your business.
- Provide information. Your digital lead generation techniques’ primary aim should be to provide valuable content and establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry. Blog posts, free downloads, and eBooks can all help you get there.
- Try transportation. Many people rely on public transportation for their daily commute. Advertising on buses, taxis, or bus benches can hugely impact this crowd.
- Advertise in the community. Some businesses rely so much on the big picture that they don’t consider their prospects’ daily lives. Try advertising wherever your target audience spends time, such as in church bulletins, radio ads, local newspapers, city directories, movie theaters, or on bulletin boards at local businesses.
- Have a contest. Hosting a contest or giveaway is a great way to collect information for an email list or cold call list.
- Encourage reviews. The best advertising is word of mouth. So encourage your happy customers to leave reviews and testimonials on websites like Google and Yelp for potential customers to find.
- Host an event. Nothing puts you front and center in your community like hosting an event. This can be a networking gathering, a virtual summit, an online webinar, a panel, or other events that will position you as a leader while generating new leads.
- Pay for ads. Paid search and social media ads will put your business in front of your targeted demographics, and you only pay when people click. This is a great way to get people there if you’re confident in your website’s conversion power or landing page.
- Add a live chat widget. A chat widget on your website can collect information and provide basic customer service. It’s a win-win.
- Get mentioned. The excellent press goes a long way. Go on a podcast or reach out to local news if your business is doing something noteworthy. You can also respond to Help a Reporter Out (HARO) requests to help get your name in print.
- Volunteer. You can generate more good press while allowing you to meet prospective clients in your area by getting involved in your community.
If you’re looking for even more lead generation techniques, I can help. Download the complete list here.
How many of these lead generation techniques will work for your business? The answer might surprise you. Fill out my contact form for a complimentary coaching session, and we’ll discuss new lead generation techniques you can implement immediately.
- Avoiding Unconscious Bias in Performance Reviews - March 30, 2023
- Why is Influencer Marketing Important for Small Businesses - March 23, 2023
- Insightful Time Management Quotes - March 16, 2023