Last Updated on
What is a Small Business Sales Process?
- Step 1: Write down the specific sales steps that have proven to be successful in the past. Be sure to include a list for inbound leads and prospects and another one for outreach prospects.
- Step 2: Have another experienced salesperson or your coach/mentor look for gaps that should be included.
- Step 3: Convert the written steps, or milestones, to a flowchart.
- Step 4: Focus on the prospects that are noted as undecided and then develop a multi-week “drip” campaign that will bring them closer to you.
- Step 5: Plan out the time intervals between your drip outreach steps to the undecided.
- Step 6: Design the specific collateral sales materials that you need to effectively convey your message.
- Step 7: Redraw your small business sales process flowchart to include steps 5 & 6.
- Step 8: Select a simple CRM tool that can incorporate your sales process and allow you to carefully monitor the progress.
- Step 9: Put your plan into action by training your sales team and then closely watch their activities.
- Every Entrepreneur Should Read the Book Built to Sell - July 30, 2020
- Preparing for the Small Business Owner’s Vacation - July 23, 2020
- My Favorite Best Practices From The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing - July 16, 2020