Build Your Quarterly Business Plan in 8 StepsIt’s the beginning of another quarter and I am chancing a guess that your quarterly business plan may not be very effectively constructed. Most entrepreneurs usually have a strong sense of where they want to take their business, but a tactical plan is not written down or very well defined. The benefit is clear. If you have a clear understanding of what your goal is, and then apply strategies and tactics to accomplish the goal, amazing achievements will be attained. I know because I have helped hundreds of leaders do it.
So, here are a few tips:
- Write down 3-5 goals that you need to accomplish in the next 13 weeks
- Carefully rewrite the goals into the SMART format. Specific. Measureable. Achievable. Results focused. Time based.
- On individual Post-it notes, write out each task that needs to be completed to accomplish each goal. Tasks should be low level, reasonable, and that you can do in a week or less.
- Sequence the notes on a table or wall in the order that they would logically need to happen.
- Look for gaps in your steps and add missing tasks as needed.
- Assign accountability and a date to each task.
- Place the goals and notes on a wall or rewrite them into a document.
- Enlist a colleague to hold you accountable and go to work on attaining your goals.
Sounds pretty easy doesn’t it? It is, if you follow the technique and you are disciplined enough to see it through. A really good idea is to hire a professional business coach to help you with the path to success. Oh, by the way, I know a really good coach.
You may also want to check out my free e-book, The 10 Critical Responsibilities of a Business Owner.